* Do soak your aligners in cleaning fluid at least once every day
* Do remove your aligners before brushing, flossing, eating, and drinking
* Do be mindful about snacking and smoking
* Don’t drink too much coffee, wine, or colored beverages
* Don’t leave your aligners out in the open
* Don’t touch your aligners rashly or too often
Can I bite down on my aligners?
The best way to make sure your aligners have settled properly on your teeth is to bite on an aligner chewie. Made from soft plastic cylinders, these chewies help the aligners take the shape of your teeth and fall into the right position over your jaw.
What foods should I avoid with aligners?
When you have your aligners on, avoid chewing gum, hard nuts, colored candies, and staining beverages like coffee, tea, and wine.
Can I sleep with my aligners on?
Yes, you most certainly can! Since you must wear your aligner for at least 22 hours a day, you may have to sleep with your aligners on.
Are aligner attachments painful?
In the initial stages of treatment, aligner buttons can cause slight discomfort. As you get used to having them on, your teeth become more adjusted and less sensitive to the attachments.